Skip to Main Content

Transfer Students

UMBC Theatre welcomes transfer students from community colleges and four-year institutions. If you are considering transferring to UMBC as a Theatre major, please complete the prospective student interest form and we will put you in touch with an academic advisor. The advisor will discuss the best course registration options for you, and help guide the transition. Information about undergraduate transfer student admission can be found here.

Transfer Students, Accelerated BFA in Acting Track 

UMBC offers a selective Accelerated BFA in Acting degree track for transfers for students with college acting training. Student who apply and audition may be eligible for placement into upper-level studio courses. Depending on previous coursework, students may earn the degree in four or five semesters. Outstanding applicants may be eligible for Fine Arts Scholarships.

Students may plan to audition for the Accelerated Track prior to enrolling at UMBC. Auditions are typically held in November, February and August.

Interested in auditioning? Please complete the BFA Audition Registration form or contact us at or (410) 455-2917.

Current UMBC students who are transferring from another department should plan to audition during a transfer audition date or during the first year of study in the Theatre Department.